Sunday, June 8, 2008

Arrested Development: 17 years later...







Festie gods must a been smilin' pon me today...no traffic, easy parking, easy stroll to the stage, and there is Arrested Development just starting their set. I felt lucky on the timing, as it was an all night of festivities kinda evening for me. I was too tired, but I just can't stand missing out on a good time...


So yea, Arrested Development...I think I was saved by their first record when I was a teenager...just pure conscious positive hip hop...they were waaaay before their time. Apparently they've reunited, and it feels good.


Pure sweet dancilicious vibes on this one, I had to remind myself to stop groovin to take some pics. The crowd was lovin' this one, it seemed we all knew all the words, though Speech and crew did also debut some new tunes off their upcoming record...


Speech spoke about unfair imprisonment and asked us all to take some time to check http://www.freedebbie.org/


The band members were sweethearts backstage, taking time to meet and connect with friends and fans. This is a must see band...good times, good times, and, a positive message to boot...can't beat that...


No comments: