Saturday, June 7, 2008

Step Forward with a healing in the Wellness Temple




I stepped into this building for the bathroom, alas there were some thirty women in line, and it looked like the men's was starting to be shanghai'd with the impatient tinklers to be. Nothing healing bout having to wait in a long line when you gotta go...still, I sucked it up and wandered around the booths, ranging from something like the Rosecrucian Order to Ionic Foot Baths. There are asian healers who claim to be the best at their miracle healings, and people are lined up with both feet in three different foot bathing booths. The water looks a bit like super-green algae, but, judging from the numbers of folks willing to invest a half-hour in a foot soak, this is a popular offering in the Wellness Temple.
I'm drawn to Step Forward Foot Corrections cause my feet hurt, and after a bit of waiting for others to hear the spiel, am directed to a chair behind the table to have prints made of my feet. I've been having ongoing problems with blisters, and a warm day wandering the lengths of this festival aren't helping, so I'm already intrigued with the possibility of relief.
Kevin Ekerson has been in orthotics for some 16 years, he said, cutting his teeth on making specialized ski boots for the elite of the elite ski masters...cut to the chase, my arches are collapsed and I've got too much pressure on my thyroid point in my foot, these orthotics will apparently retrain my feet to better support my body. I find myself curiouser and curiouser, but I'm not quite committed enough to put $220 on my credit card. Still, I've been shopping for shoe solutions for years, and maybe this guy who usually only sells to podiatrists is right. I take a brochure and promise to visit the website http://www.kevinelkerson.com/ for more info. Before I leave he asks me if I've been to burning man and tells me he's got a special slideshow hidden on the website...more intrigue indeed.
Another loop round the building, yep, there's still a super long line for the bathroom, and I find myself at the Berkeley Psychic Institute booth, which is offering $5 readings (they'll throw in a free healing too) I'm wondering if there gonna tell me I really should use the restroom to gain instant healing, but instead I'm told about bands of energy around my body and my neck, and that my female/male energy is conflicting with pink & black colors. One of the front people tells my psychic "it's time to take the next step" under her next breath and after looping about a bit in conversation my psychic tells me I can address this properly by attending workshops or taking classes at the Institute. I've got stuff going on in my fourth chakra he says, and I try to figure out if that's where my bladder is cause this waiting is getting increasingly uncomfortable.

No comments: